|Photo Credit: Barry Butler Photography|
The South Side Irish Parade is a family-friendly event and has a zero-tolerance policy for alcohol along the parade route. It is strictly enforced in accordance with a City of Chicago ordinance which includes fines up to $1000 for open containers in the public way. The annual South Side Irish St. Patrick's Day Parade is a great time to spend with family and friends, both in neighborhood homes and local establishments. We encourage everyone to celebrate responsibly and help keep the annual tradition a safe, family-friendly event. Many of the Western Avenue restaurants and pubs support the parade and we hope you will support them in a responsible manner helping us ensure everyone has a safe, enjoyable parade. Sláinte!
Some top Irish sayings and proverbs:
- "May the luck of the Irish be with you!"
- "It is better to spend money like there's no tomorrow than to spend tonight like there's no money!"
- "May you live to be 100 years, with one extra year to repent."
- "There are only two kinds of people in the world, the Irish and those who wish they were."
- "May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours that stay with you all the year long."
- "A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures." Barry Butler Photography Photo