Friday, December 16, 2016

Paris Hilton loves being single

Photo Credit: Bang Showbiz 2016
Photo Credit: Greg DeGuire June 2005
Paris Hilton doesn't need "anyone to validate her happiness". The 35-year-old socialite is currently single after splitting from Thomas Gross in April 2016 after a year of dating but insists she is "independent" and doesn't need a man. She said: "I love being single. Before, I could never be alone. I always needed a boyfriend. Now, I feel so independent and I am so happy with myself. I don't need anyone to validate my happiness." The blonde beauty rose to fame by starring on 'The Simple Life' alongside Nicole Richie but she is desperate to put her reality star past behind her. She added: "I want to be known as a businesswoman. I don't want to be known as a reality TV star. I don't like the way that sounds ... "I have really grown past that ... spoiled, materialistic, bratty [persona]. Now I mostly focus on my empire and my brand, rather than everything else that comes with the reality star kind of life ... I spend my time working rather than just enjoying myself and being on vacation." And Paris believes she was one of the first people to make money out of partying when she was just 20-years-old. The DJ told Harper's Bazaar magazine: "When I moved to New York as a teenager I would just party all the time, but now people think I am actually smart because I have parlayed that into a very lucrative business. "With partying, no one had ever been paid to go to a party. I was the first one to kind of invent that in Las Vegas at 20 years old. Back in the day, a DJ would maybe get $200 and they would be hidden in a DJ booth. "Now they are headliners, making millions of dollars - the whole attraction is them. I saw that coming before it was actually happening." MSN News