Friday, August 12, 2016

Shrimp/Mushroom Béchamel Lasagna

I'm a big fan of homemade lasagna. Didn't have any room in my suitcase for American store-bought lasagna noodles, so I always make 'em homemade. A regular lasagna I layer with a roasted tomato/onion/garlic/oregano sauce mixed with cooked ground beef (bolognese) and a cheesy filling (ricotta/mozzarella/parmesan/egg/parsley). The photo shows a lasagna with a béchamel sauce, I believe with parmesan, and chopped cooked shrimps, sautéed mushrooms. Which isn't Kosher, but we plea for forgiveness of our indulgence. For New Year's, I prepared a fresh salmon/grilled string bean cheesy lasagna. Which is in fact Kosher. And turned out well, 3 layers of noodles. My Le Creuset form doesn't hold much more than that. Some lasagnas are made with 4 layers of noodles. Good luck !!